Join Magazine Training International as we begin our expansion into Africa! You will learn the essential steps for successful magazine publishing through the intensive Magazine Publishing Institute. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from some of the most highly-respected Christian publishing professionals in the world.
The training program includes a seven-day Magazine Publishing Institute with three tracks (magazine editing, management, and design). The institute will be held 30 September – 6 October in Nairobi, Kenya, and will be taught by nine trainers from around the world. Bring your staff members and allow each person to learn in depth the skills needed to perform well in their role as publisher, editor, or designer for the benefit of the magazine. As a team, you will learn how the various roles work together to create an effective publishing plan and publication.
We expect that another key benefit of the program for participants will be the opportunity to meet one another, share triumphs and fears, and learn from one another. Magazine workers scattered throughout the breadth of Africa often have a sense of isolation and may easily become discouraged. A conference like this offers desperately-needed encouragement and refreshment.
The conference will be held in Nairobi, Kenya.
P.O. Box 42493
Conference tuition: $160 per person
Includes: lunches and tea breaks for six days, all sessions, conference materials, opening reception, ice cream social, and closing banquet
Early bird discount: We are offering a $50 discount if payment is received before Aug 1, 2018. The discount is available to all participants whether commuting or staying on campus.
Lodging and meals
Special conference rate for room and board; 30 September – 6 October only:
- Single room: $130 total per person
- Includes supper and breakfast for six nights.
- Shared room: $70 total per person
- Includes supper and breakfast for six nights. An MTI scholarship of $10 per night per person is included in the shared room rate to make rooms affordable for participants who are willing to share a room.
Extra nights: Please note, if participants need to stay overnight a day or two before or after the conference dates, the room rate will be $30 per person per night for single or shared rooms. This rate is half-board (includes breakfast and supper).
- Commuter option: Participants may choose to commute each day from home or from other accommodations arranged by the participant individually. Commuters pay only the conference tuition. Commuters are responsible for arranging their own transportation to and from the conference facility each day and should be aware that traffic in Nairobi can be extremely busy at times.