This course, crafted specifically for those involved with the design of the magazine, will cover topics like:
- The magazine’s visual identity: How a strong brand will nurture and sustain a relationship with readers.
- Words and images: Combine them strategically to create a sense of purpose in each magazine spread.
- The design elements: Know and use them effectively to create meaningful experiences for readers.
- Typography: Select and arrange typography according to principles of legibility, hierarchy, contrast, consistency, and appropriateness.
- Magazine architecture: Develop flexible templates for departments, create a design system, and identify usage standards.
- The magazine cover: Explore how to develop a cover style, select a primary image, and combine the various elements to make an effective design.
- Design on a modest budget: Learn how to use typography, texture, backgrounds, screens, tints, scale, and contrast to enhance design possibilities on a modest budget.
- Redesign: How to re-evaluate the magazine’s voice and develop a redesign strategy.
Meet your trainers:
Tuition includes the following course materials:
- 1 Design for Magazines manual*
- Trainer handouts
*Additional manuals will be available to purchase at the conference.
This conference is best experienced by teams of 3 people—each person in a separate course. Take a look at the other possibilities and think of who you can invite.