This course, designed specifically for those responsible for the financial success of the magazine, will cover topics like:
- Define your purpose: Develop mission and vision statements; define and apply corporate values.
- How to start a magazine: Learn what important factors you need to consider before you launch or re-launch a magazine.
- Your leadership style: Redefine your management and leadership style.
- How to price and sell space ads: Help advertisers use your magazine effectively; discover where to find advertisers, and how to communicate the benefits of advertising in your magazine.
- Managing your subscriptions: The elements of an effective fulfillment system and principles of customer service.
- Increase your circulation: Evaluate your marketing efforts, find new sources of subscribers, and develop pricing strategies in order to reach your full potential.
- Production: How to save money on production without reducing quality.
- How to prepare a budget: Learn how to manage expenses and establish basic publishing accounting procedures.
- Generating income: Examine potential unexplored sources of income and publication-related products.
- Personnel: Develop job descriptions, establish functions and qualifications, select and evaluate staff, and work with volunteers.
- Distribution: Principles and methods of distribution, with discussion of possible solutions to distribution problems.
Meet your trainers:
Tuition includes the following course materials:
- 1 Managing the Magazine with Confidence and Skill manual*
- Trainer handouts
*Additional manuals will be available to purchase at the conference.
This conference is best experienced by teams of 3 people—each person in a separate course. Take a look at the other possibilities and think of who you can invite.